Nail of the Day: Ciaté Antique Brooch

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Yes, you are reading the title correctly. I finally managed to get my hands on Ciaté's Antique Brooch nail polish. When an item is out of stock on the Sephora website, you can leave your e-mail address and they will sent you an e-mail to inform you that the item is in stock again. So when I got an e-mail from Sephora saying that this nail polish was available again, I didn't hesitate for a minute and ordered it immediately!



Ciaté wins the award for the cutest nail polish bottles ever. The little black bow is so adorable.

This is a lovely color. A champagne gold shimmer polish with two sizes of rose gold glitters. I can just look at this color for ever.

                                                        Antique Brooch, 3 coats.

                                                        Antique Brooch, 3 coats

The color applies quite sheer, but the formulation dries quickly (which is something I always like). I applied 3 coats, this makes it look fairly opaque, depending on what light your nails are facing towards. Because this a such sheer color, I suggest you can put a another polish, like a nude beige color, underneath this. I think this will make it look even better. It's not an easy color to catch on camera, but I can tell you: it's stunning. This is a very subtle color, but at the same time, it's eye-catching. Do I like this color? No, I simply love it. 

I was also very happy with the Sephora shipping. When you make an order, you can choose three free (perfume) samples that will be included in your package. It took about two days for this to get delivered, the website said three to five days. However, the shipping costs were a bit too high for my liking.
 
It is a glitter polish, so this will be a pain in the ass to remove, but I think it's worth it.

What do you think?
xx, 
Astrid

3 comments:

  1. Oo I really like this! I love anything shiny/glittery. Plus your right, how cute is that bottle! This does look more of a wintery Christmas time shade though!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This shade looks so nice. Perfect gold:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so gorgeous! I love how brilliant the color is! Thanks so much for the tag, dear. I loved reading your answers. :)

    classypeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS