Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream Normal Skin Review

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Hey everybody, today I'm here with a review about the Garnier BB cream. This was one of the first 'Western' BB creams that came out, after the growing popularity of the Asian brands. I bought this a couple of months ago in Kruidvat, a drugstore in Belgium. This product claims to hydrate, protects, even out your skin while covering up blemishes AND it keeps the skin matte. Let's see if this cream can really live up to the claims!


Packaging: I must admit... I was kind of disappointed when I first saw the tube in real life. Somehow, I had expected the tube to be bigger. But it actually is a pretty decent amount of product that you're getting. The packaging is a skin coloured tube, which I think looks pretty nice. Not really pretty or special, but not ugly or something either.

Colour range: One of the downsides of this product is the color range. This comes in two shades: light and medium. I use the Light colour and it works good for me, but the medium one isn't that dark either; so a lot of people won't be able to use this product because of the light colours.

Smell: This cream smells a bit like soap, in my opinion. I heard a lot of people said it was the typical 'Garnier Smell' but I think it's more soapy than that. I'm not a bog fan of the smell, but the smell is subtle, so it doesn't bother me that much.

Coverage: Light coverage, I think you can built the coverage a bit up, but I just use one coat and that's enough for me. I usually take my concealer and cover up any more redness in my face if needed. BUT if you have a lot of redness or acne, this BB cream won't be able to cover it all up, because it's so light.



Blending: It looks a bit like a thick cream, but it's actually a light consistency that blends out really well on the skin.

Feel on the skin: This product left a bit of a greasy feeling on my skin. You can take that feeling away by just putting a powder over it. On the skin, the cream looked dewy and quite beautiful, but I somehow don't like the feeling on my skin.

Staying power: The cream stayed on for a good time, I wore this all day and didn't need to touch it up. However, my skin got really oily troughout the day. A friend even asked me if I was sweating! This BB cream is for normal skin, I have a combination skin that can get dry or oily in certain places. But this really was too oily for me. A few months after they released this cream, they also released one for oily/combination skin and I might give that one a try because it will problably work better with my skin.

Price: This BB cream is available at drugstores for €9,99. You get a lot of product for the price, but I regret buying it because it made my face too oily and that's why I don't like to use it. Maybe I will use it more in the winter, when my skin gets more dry and needs more moisture.

Overal, This is not the right product for my skin. I will try to use it up but I'm not a big fan of it. I think it's just a regular tinted moisturizer that they called a 'BB cream' but for me, it just doesn't live up to the claims.

Have you tried this BB cream? Did you like it?
xx,
Astrid


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS