Discontinued Products That Need To Be Back!

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Hey everyone, today I wanted to do a blogpost about some products that I really like. The only downside on these products is: They are discontinued or the brands are no longer available in Belgium. I'm doing this blog post because I really like these products, but I feel like I can't do a separate review on them, because they aren't available anymore.


'I hate cosmetics companies. They get you addicted to the perfect lipstick or nail polish and then, six months later, they discontinue it. You have to buy your favorite colors like you're storing up for the Apocalypse.'
- P.S. I Love You 

This quote pretty much explains it all.

You will notice that a lot of these products are from Eyeko. Eyeko is an awesome that makes on of the best liquid liners out there. But their nail polishes and pencil liners are great as well. BUT... about two of three years ago they completely discontinued their whole makeup line and now, they only make liquid liners and mascaras. I can't even begin to describe how disappointed I was. I have found a website of a Belgian beauty store, Beauty Queen, where they still sell some of the Eyeko products. Maybe I should stock up?

1. Essence Multi Colour Blushes in 'How Cute Is That?' and 'Fashionista'.
These are not the most pigmented blushes I own, but they are gorgeous. I like the 'How Cute Is That?' one for a daytime neutral cheek, 'Fashionista' is also a nice neutral pink, but also perfect for going out.
2. Eyeko Cherry Fat Balm
You can use this as a blush or a lipstick. It's a gorgeous berry color and it smells like sweet cherries.

3. Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in 'Ruthless'
One of my favorite eyeshadows ever! Soft, pigmented and creamy. Everything we look for in a good eyeshadow. Urban Decay doesn't sell this type of eyeshadow anymore, too bad :(

4. Eyeko Graffity Eyeliner in Black
Pigmented. Black. Lasts all day. Great. The best liner ever.  I've noticed this is drying up a little bit. Why, Eyeko? Just why?

5. Eyeko Line & Shine Duo Colour Pencil in 'Electric Purple/Plum' and 'Electric Blue/Teal'
The Plum side is my very very very very favorite everyday eyeliner. The other colors are so fun and bright for when you want to do a look with a pop of color.

6. Wet 'n Wild
They used to sell Wet 'n Wild in Di, but not anymore. The last couple of years, I've been hearing so much about this brand and I want to try out so much stuff. I have 2 palettes: This one on the photo and a neutral one. They are very old and I don't know their names. I love the texture of the shadows and I'd like to try out more.
7. Eyeko Nail Polishes in 'Tea Rose Polish' and 'Chichi Polish'
Eyeko had great polishes. They are pretty much opaque in one coat, why would they discontinue fantastic polishes like that?
 

So tell me, what product(s) do you LOVE, but aren't available anymore?
xx
Astrid

1 comment:

  1. you have a really interesting blog.. followed you on GFC already!
    Love,
    Krisella

    www.lippiemonster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS