Small Talk Sunday: My Internship + I Cut My Hair!

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Hey everybody, how are you all doing? I just wanted to sit down and talk to you a bit, so this will be a chitchat post. So what's new? I just finished my internship at a resting home a little more than a week ago and I decided to cut my hair last monday. Those are the two topics of this chatter post. 



First of all, I cut my hair! I'm so happy. My hair has been the same since my fourth year of high school or so? I'm not sure. It was quite long and I liked it for a very long time, but it was time for a change. I've been staring at a picture of Heidi Klum (below) for about a year now, wondering if I should cut it like her. It's a very nice lang bob cut that suits Heidi so well! My mom told me a few months ago that she wasn't sure if it would suit me so I didn't do it. But last monday, I thought: 'I'll just do it!'. I showed the Heidi-picture to my hair dresser and she did the magic. 


I can't begin to say how glad I am about this. It's so weird, but it gave me a huge boost of confidence. I get so many compliments on my hair now. My mom also said she really likes it, that it makes me look more grown up and beautiful. Thanks mom <3
The long hair was a bit harder to style lately, it needed a cut! 

My hair before the cut. I think they cute about 7 to 10 centimeters of it.

Next topic: internship. I am in my second year of Occupational Therapy and this year, we had two internships. One at the beginning of the year and one in May/June. It's at the same place, so they can notice a evolution in our performing. My internship was at a resting home near Ghent and I already miss it a lot. It was so much fun to be part of a team and to be working with the residents there. The two occupational therapists learned us so much and gave us the chance to work alone with the residents. We had to choose one elder person to work with throughout the three whole weeks and write our report about. I had a very good connection with this woman and when I left, she said that she was going to miss me. My evaluation was pretty great, accept they told me to be more confident and believe in myself a bit more. 

I'm glad that my internships went so well, it reminded me why I want to become an occupational therapist. I had a lot of doubts about it last summer, but they are completely gone now.Yay!

I'm ready for summer! I'll be working at the sea side for a month and I don't know how much blogging-chances I'll have but I'll do my best to blog every now and than! 

What are your summer plans? 
xx,
Astrid

6 comments:

  1. The short hair looks gorgeous on you! :) I was just as you, happy to get it short, although I've also been contemplating it for a really long time:). Happy that your internship went well and I'm sure you'll have fun working at the sea side. I don't have much plans, except I need at least start writing my bachelor's degree and hopefully I'll have time to go to the sea side as well :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :D
      What do you study actually? I don't think I know that!
      xx

      Delete
    2. Media communications. Basically everything involving any kind of media. It's all over the place. :D A bit of graphic design, video production, radio production, web design...you name it. But I'm not so keen on the study program, because we basically get a small taste of everything and then know nothing enough. Ah...study programs in our country are debatable :)
      xx

      Delete
    3. Wauw, that's such an interesting and cool program! Sounds like it would be handy to be able to choose a specialty in it! :)

      Delete
  2. Seeing how good you look with short hair makes me want to cut mine off as well. Although I know I would regret it instantly, haha :D But this cut truly does look absolutely stunning on you, it makes you look so classy & elegant!
    I'm also really glad to hear that your internship went so well, it's been a year since I had mine and I still miss it.
    And you'll be working at the sea side? Man, that does make me very jealous! :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the sweet comment and sorry for the late aswer! Your hair is one of the only things on your body that you can change and it will always grow back. So if you regret cutting it, it will come back :D
      I'm working at an amusent park in the souvenir shops :D It's fun but it's killing my feet! :(

      Delete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS