Summer Drugstore Haul: June 2015

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Hey, lovely readers! I'm back today with a summer drugstore haul. Kruidvat, one of the drugstore chains here in Belgium, was having a VIP 20% sale a couple of weeks ago and I decided to stock up on some beauty necessities. Also, I wanted to treat myself with some fun beauty things after having a busy time at school. 




I got some very basic things, but also some fun new things to try out. I somehow got A LOT of Dove products. I had one rule for myself: NO SHOWERGELS. 



* Dove Go Fresh Pomegranate & Lemon Verbena: I don't have much to say about this product. I needed a new deodorant and decided to get this one. It smells very fresh!
* Dove Pure Care Sublime Oil Shampoo & Conditioner: My friend Ynee told me about this shampoo and conditioner duo and said that she really liked it. I haven't tried it yet, because I have another shampoo and conditioner now but I'll keep you guys posted. All I can say now is that is smells heavenly.
* Dove Summer Glow Body Lotion: I used to own this product back in highschool when I was 16. I liked it, but just stopped using it somehow. A lot of my friends use it now and i wanted to try it out again. I accidentally bought the 'Medium to dark skin' one, let's hope it won't work TOO well ;)



* Kruidvat Professional Powder Brush: I needed a powder brush for the bronzer I got in this haul. This one looked great for dusting some bronzing powder over the face. However, it's not the softest brush I own. I still need to try it out and see how it works. 
* Colgate Max White One Toothpaste: I've been watching Brittney Lee Saunders on Youtube a lot these days (she's hilarious!) and she often talks about this tooth paste. I decided to try it out and so far, I really like it! My teeth looked instantly a bit whiter.
* L'Oréal 3 in 1 Micellair Water: When you have -20% on everything in the store, it's the perfect moment to stock up on things like make-up remover. I decided to get this one from L'Oréal, that's also a micellair one (You guys know how much I like that). 


* Essence LE #Secretparty Bronzing Powder in 'Glow Of My Life': Now, on to the fun part of the haul: the beauty! I read a review on this bronzer the day before the sale and I really wanted to get it. Look at it, it's almost too beautiful to use. It's not too dark, which is perfect for when you're a beginner with bronzer, like me.
* Makeup Academy Undress Your Skin Highlighter: This is a very popular product in the whole blogger/youtube community and I also decided to pick it up. As you can see on the swatch-photo below, it's a gorgeous highlighter with a pink/silver sheen! 
* Essence LE #Secretparty blush in '01 Pink Up Your Life': Essence always has the most beautiful limited edition blushes and this one is no exception. When you first swatch it, don't be too disappointed. Yes, it's not the most pigmented blush out there but it leaves a pretty pink flush on the cheeks. I've been using it everyday since I got it.


* Essie 'Saltwater Happy': This beautiful color is from the Summer collection. I actually wanted to get 'Peach Side Babe' but it looked too similar to 'Tart Deco' for me so I decided to pass on that one. I saw this one and liked it very much. I don't own a color like this. For anyone who is interested in this color but already owns 'Bikini So Teeny': they are very similar but 'Saltwater Happy' is a bit lighter. I compared them in the store but I liked this one a bit more. 
* Essence Longlasting Nude Lipstick in 'Cool Nude': I've been eyeing these lipstick for quite a while now. This color looked like it would suit me best. 
* Essence Lipliner in 'In The Nude': Essence lip liners are only €0,99 and they are so amazing! I wanted a nude lip liner to match some nude lipsticks I had at home. It has a creamy consistency and the pigmentation is great!

From left to right: Essence lip liner, Essence lipstick, Essence bronzer, MUA highlighter, Essence blush

That was my beauty haul! If there's any products you guys would like to see a review on, don't hesitate to ask me. 

I hope you guys have a great weekend!
xx, 
Astrid

4 comments:

  1. Great haul, wonderful products ;)

    I hope I can still find this Essence bronzer in our stores, looks pretty:P

    Kisses,
    http://confessionsofamake-upshopaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Dove conditioner and Colgate toothpaste are amazing. I also really like the look of the highlight :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS