What I Got For My Birthday 2016

Monday, March 28, 2016

Cake, confetti, laughter and presents. Wednesday 23rd of March was my 23rd birthday and the past week, I got presents from friends and family. I still have to meet up with some friend, but I already wanted to share what I got this week. I don't write this blogpost to brag or show off, I just want to share the happiness! 


In this post, the presents from my parents, boyfriend, brothers, godchild, friends from Ghent and Sanja from Sparkle With Laughter will be included. That last one was such a nice surprise, I hadn't expected it at all! 



My mom and dad gave me some gift certificates. My dad gave me one from Galeria Inno, which is a department store here in Belgium. The biggest Inno is located in Brussels and carries so many beauty, handbag, clothing and lingerie brand to shop for hours! It's one of my favorite spots to go during sales because you can find so many bargains! I'm really glad to go shopping there!
My mom gave me two gift certificates from Fossil. She decided to split them up in two gifts, so I could use them separately. I'm a huge Fossil ADDICT so this was very nice to receive.

Not on the picture, but already safely in my wallet: my boyfriend got me two wellness sessions at the salons from Yves Rocher. One hour long body massage and one face massage for half an hour. Can't wait to go over and relax! 


That awkward moment when... Your brothers buy you the same gift. This book was on my wishlist and due to a miscommunication, I got it twice! My youngest brother is going to return it to the store and get a gift certificate instead, so I can choose another book or DVD or something. However, it's the thought that counts and I'm glad they both wanted to give me something I really wanted.

Wedding day is a wonderful book about the differences in marriage all over the world. Lieve Blancquart is a Belgian journalist that visited different countries like Belgium, Italy, Syria, Nepal, India, Senegal and so many others to discover what a marriage means in that country and the traditions around it. It's also published in English and French. If you ever get the chance to order it somewhere, I highly suggest it. It was also made into a television series, where she visited all the countries and interviewed the people in her book. So beautiful and sometimes, a bit heart breaking.
She also made a book a couple of years ago about births all over the world, which is also still available in English and French. It's called Birth Day. Her next subject will be death of palliative care and it's traditions.


I'm the godmother of a very cute, sweet baby. The youngest daughter of my oldest brother, called Everly. They got me these two beautiful candles and porcelain bunny in her name to wish me a happy birthday and happy Easter. I got her some Easter goodies as well!


On my birthday, my mom visited me in Ghent and she carried this big brown envelope from Slovenia with her. Inside where so many fun goodies from Sanja! I was so excited. She got me Earl Grey tea sticks, which I ofcourse already tried out, rice cakes with milk chocolate (which I also tasted and are so delicious!), two supercute note pads, a Yankee candle in the smell 'Mango Peach Salsa', two sheet masks (Caviar extract and royal jelly/Q10), a apple-cinnamon bath thingy and a creme for body, face and lips which smells amazing! There was also a very sweet card with a cat on it, I think she already know what kind of crazy cat lady I am!
Sanja, I know it's almost your birthday... You can expect something as well girl!


My friends from Ghent gave me a gift box from Lush called 'All the Best', which includes some of their best selling products. This box consists of a piece of the 'Honey, I washed the kids' soap, The Olive Branch Shower Gel, Rub Rub Rub Shower scrub and Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. So many fantastic smells in one box! 

This was what I got for my birtyday, I'm so happy with everything! 
I wish you all a beautiful Easter monday <3

xx,
Astrid

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Astrid! <3 Better late then never :D. You got some amazing gifts and Sanja is so sweet :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm beyond excited that I managed to surprise you for once :) And don't even ask me how long it took me to find a card with a cat on it, haha.
    And those sheet masks are my favourites, hopefully you'll like them as well ;)
    I also need to google that book, it sounds so interesting.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very nice book indeed! I like that they also published it in English, if you ever get the chance to pick it up: I suggest it! :D
      I can't wait to try the sheet masks out! :D

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your beauty farm, honey! Love love love love <3

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS