Battle Of The Mint/Blue-Green Polishes

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hey sweeties! Today I'm back with a 'battle of the mint/bleu-green polishes'. I did one like this about a year ago, with a comparison on my taupe nailpolishes and I really liked writing that post. This time, I'll compare my mint polishes. I went trough my collection and I must admit, I never realized I had so many mint greens colors. I'll tell you about the formulations, colors and which ones are my favorites.



From left to right: Claire's matte polish, Essie 'Turquoise & Caicos', O.P.I. 'Mermaid's Tears', O.P.I. 'Gargantuan Green Grape'

Opi Gargantuan Green Grape is the most lime colored of the whole bunch. It's the most green toned, compared to all the others. It's formula is not the best, I did a review on it here. OPI Mermaid's Tears (this was a limited edition from the Pirates of the Caribean collection a few years ago) and Essie's Turquoise & Caicos are very similar. They could be dupes, but the OPI one is a tiny tiny tiny bit darker. These polishes look very beautiful with a coat of silver or gold shatter polish on top. The one from Claire's is also similar, but this one had a tiny bit more of blue in it and it's matte.

From left to right: Bourjois Nail Enamal 83, Essie 'Mint Candy Apple', Catrice 'Am I Green or Blue?', Kiko 344
The Bourjois one is again, very similar to OPI's 'Mermaid's tears' and Essies's 'Turquoise & Caicos'. Catrice 'Am I blue or green' is beautiful, light mint green color. I love this one! It's a dupe for Essie's 'Mint Candy Apple'. This is a new polish is my collection, I still have to do a full review on this one, but it applied pretty great on this nail! The Kiko color is the most dark and most blue one out of the whole bunch. It's brighter than I expected when I got it.

My favorites? 
- Essie Mint Candy Apple
- Essie Turquoise & Caicos
- OPI Mermaid's Tears

What's your favorite mint green polish?
xx,
Astrid

1 comment:

  1. Great selection, my favourite has to be the Maybelline Mint for life. It's one of my go-to shades in the Summer.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS