Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 'Vintage Pink' Review

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Hello Sweeties! Today I wanted to show you guys the new Moisure Renew Lipstick by Rimmel. I got this in the color 'Vintage Pink'. I've heard that Rimmel has given these lipsticks a complete makeover: new packaging, new formula and new, beautiful colors.





Vintage Pink is a beautiful dusty rose color with a hint of purple to it. When you swatch it, it comes off a bit more purple than in looks like at first glance in the packaging. I've never owned a lipstick with a purple undertone to it, but this is still very wearable and pretty. I like it al lot, it's a nice color for fall and winter. On the last photo, it looks a bit more pink. But trust me, you can really see the purple tone in real life. The color pay-off is amazing, it's so nicely pigmented and you can built up the color to make it more intense (or apply a bit less to make it a bit more neutral).

I really like the dark purple packaging of this lipstick line. It looks really sleek and modern.

The lipstick glides on the lips and feels very soft. They are called 'moisture renew', so ofcourse these have to be moisturizing. They didn't dry out my lips at all! It's not a matte finish, but it's not a shiny finish either. It's described by Rimmel as a satin finish, I think it looks amazing.

A little downside of these lipsticks is that after a few hours, you really have to do some touch ups, so they keep looking great on your lips. I personally don't mind that, but if you want a lipstick that lasts all day long, this might be not the product you're looking for. 

If you are looking for a good, pigmented, beautiful lipstick, I'd recommend these. In Belgium, these are available at Kruidvat and Di.

xx, 
Astrid

4 comments:

  1. So pretty:)) This shade really suits your eyes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shade and I love how it looks on you :) I only wish Rimmel was available here in Slovenia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How'd you go with the smell? Kinda like a light sunscreen smell in my opinion. I've had it about 3 weeks and I feel like the smell's turned more metallic. Could it of gone bad already?

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS