Bourjois 24h Color Edition Eyeshadows Review

Friday, January 24, 2014

Hey everybody! My exams are finished since yesterday and I'm ready to start blogging again! :D I did a bit of shopping yesterday and at Kruidvat, they were having a sale on Bourjois products. Perfect time to try out the 24h Color Edition cream eyeshadows!

The first thing that popped into my head was: 'This is the Bourjois version of the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream eyeshadows.' I really like those eyeshadows, especially the 'On and on bronze' color. I'll tell you know, they are different. But more about that later!


 I got two colors:
  • O'r Désir: a bronze color with lots of gold shimmer. I thought this would similar to Benefit's 'R.S.V.P.' Creaseless Cream Eyeshadow, but this is a lot darker and more golden/bronze. It's less brown than 'On and on bronze'.
  • Khaki Chéri: a beautiful khaki color. This also has gold shimmers.
I like the packaging. It's similar to the Maybelline packaging, but these are flatter containers. They're also made out of plastic, not glass. One little downside is: when you take the rapper off, you lose the name of your color.
These are absolutely beautiful colors. I believe you can make so many different eye looks with these. They are less creamy than the Benefit and Maybelline eyeshadows, but still work very good. I've noticed that when you apply these with your finger, there is an amount of product that sticks to your fingers, which makes it look a bit sheer on the eyelid. But you can built up the color! You can use these as a base color or as a wash of color on your lid. Khaki Chéri looks exactly like Sumptuous Olive from M.A.C.! I love these two colors!

Do these last 24 hours? I don't really think so. These, like all cream eyeshadows, start creasing on my eyes. I always use a primer, to make sure my eyeshadows don't budge!

These eyeshadows are a bit pricey... They are €13.49 a piece. At Kruidvat, they were having a -30% off all Bourjois when you get two products... so I got these for a bit more than €10 each. Bourjois is a good brand but they can be a tad bit overpriced, in my opinion.

xx, 
Astrid

2 comments:

  1. I swatched these in the store and thought they are way to sheer. Sheerer than Maybelline's. But if you say they are buildable :) The gold shade looks nice, though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree with Adjusting Beauty, I also swatched them in the store and wasn't sure about the pigmentation and the price...But I do think that O'r Desire is very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS