Summer of Bloggin', July 11: Rimmel Apocalyps Lip Laquer 'Celestial' Swatch and Review

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hello everyone, today I wanted to show you guys the Rimmel Apocalyps Lip Laquer in 'Celestial'. This just came out in the States as the 'Show off Lip Lacquers'. I was dying to try this out because they came out during my Project Pan and I couldn't buy them. But now I finally did it and I can tell you what I think about them.



I have this in the color 'Celestial', which is one of the lighter colors that are available. I chose this because I thought it would be the perfect 'my lips but better'-color and I loved how it looked on other bloggers or youtubers.


The applicator has a little dent in it, so it picks up more product than a usual doe foot applicator. I personally like these kind of applicators, they are soft and it's easy to spread out the product. Another positive thing about this one it that you don't have to go back to get more product. But you also have so be sure not to put on too much on your lips because with this, it can get messy.


Pigment-alert! This crazy pigmented! It has the pigmentation of a lipstick, but feels like a gloss. And even better, it's non-sticky! Isn't this what we all look for in a product? I know I do!
And then I put it on my lips and I think; WHAT? This looks so bright on me, I don't dare to wear it. It looks lighter on the photos and the swatch on my hand looks great to me but when I put this on... I feel like a barbie. I can't help it, but I'm not 100% sure about this color. I just don't think it suits me that well. 

I'm not brave enough to pull this color off, I'm afraid. This disappoints me because it looks so great and nude when I see this on other blogs or on youtubers :(

They feel amazing, the pigmentation is fantastic and they last quite a while. But to me, this color is just a bit too loud. Which is weird when you know that this is one of the lighter colors. I don't know what's wrong with it, maybe I just think it doens't look good but maybe it does? Confusion!

Have you tried these out? What do you think?
xx,
Astrid

1 comment:

  1. this is such a gorgeous shade! it recently launched in the US and they are now being called Show Off Lip Lacquers.. not as awesome as Apocalips but nonetheless it's an awesome product! great job with the review :D

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS