Summer of Bloggin', July 10: M.A.C. Painterly Paint Pot Review

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Hello everyone. On this day of 'Summer of Bloggin', I wanted to talk about the MAC Paint Pot in 'Painterly'. These cream eyeshadows are described as a highly pigmented eye colour that goes on creamy but dries to an intense, vibrant finish. It is supposed to be long-wearing and can be used an a base color for other eyeshadows or as an all-over-the-lid color.


I have one Paint Pot, in 'Painterly'. This is a basic flesh-toned colored cream eyeshadow. This would be a perfect primer, it creates a blanc canvas on the eyes, ready for other eyeshadows. It gets rid of imperfections and little veines that can be visible on the eyelids.


I bought this a year ago and used it so much and it still only has a dent in it. I think it works very good in covering those bleu veines on my eyelids. That's the main reason I use this so much. Using it just as a primer is not an option for me, because I have oily eyelids and they makes this eyeshadow, just like all other cream eyeshadows I own, crease. I usually use my Too Faced Shadow Inscurance underneath this and that makes everything stay put.  

If you are looking for a decent primer that covers up some little imperfections, this might be something for you. It's not inexpensive, but it lasts so long. Mine is still creamy and good to use. If you have oily eyelids, I suggest you use another primer underneath this or just go on the hunt for something else.

xx, 
Astrid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS