Summer of Bloggin', july 8: Little 'Beauty Bay' Haul & Review

Monday, July 8, 2013

Hello girls! Today is a very exciting day because my Beauty Bay package arrived! I ordered some things because they were having a summer sale on their website. I cracked and decided to buy not one, but TWO Deborah Lippmann polishes. Because I payed €1,76 extra to get the 'premier service', I got "faster" (more about that later) shipping and a deluxe sample included in my package.

The two nail polishes I bought are:
- Across The Universe: Dark bleu jelly with bleu and green glitters and bleu shimmer.
- Glitter in the air: Sheer milky blue with pink and bleu glitters

 I've heard amazing things about these nail polishes and they are just gorgeous. In Belgium, these are 20€ a piece, I got them on sale for 11.80€! I was so excited!


The sample that they included is huge! I did not expect something this big! This is the Ouidad Botanical Boost Moisture Infusing and Refreshing Spray. You're supposed to spray this on your hair to detangle it and lock in moisture. Very pleased with this! ;)

Now.... About Beauty Bay itself.
I ordered this on 22/06, so the end of june. I chose free shipping but with the option op their premier service. This way, your package get's dispatched earlier. I never had an e-mail that my package was dispatched, but I saw it on my account on the website. This is a bit weird to me, why didn't I get an e-mail? Anyway, I was happy because they say that their shipping takes 3-5 working days. Yes, you've read that correctly. 3 to 5 days. And I got it today on July 8!

After a week, I got a little worried so I decided to look up reviews about Beauty Bay itself and I was shocked! So many bad reviews about people getting their packages late or not at all! I was worried that my package was lost so I decided to send them an e-mail about this. I e-mailed them on july 4 they replied the same day and this is what they said:

"Hello
Thank you for contacting Beautybay regarding your order.
We're sorry to hear your order has taken longer than you expected.
Whilst we strive to excel in our delivery estimates, unfortunately our Free Saver delivery does not have guaranteed delivery dates or a tracking number. We do, however, offer a guaranteed tracked service, called International Express and we're the first beauty retailer to offer this expedited service for free, to certain countries where the order value exceeds a threshold. Hopefully your order will arrive soon, but, if you need your beauty fixes quicker, be sure to use our Express service in future.
Please be assured that your order has been dispatched and is on its way to you. In the meantime, we would strongly recommend that you check with your local National Post Office/Delivery Depot to see if a package is being held for you. Unfortunately, in our experience, calling cards/notifications are not always left.
As your parcel has been sent using the Priority Airmail Packet service, no tracking number is available.
We apologise for any inconvenience which may have been caused by the postal service.
If you have any further queries, please let us know by replying to this email.
(creating a separate new ticket or email may result in a similar reply and may take longer to respond to)

Kind regards"

I was about to go to the post office today but then I found a little box in our mailbox. I was so relieved. Everything looked fine and it was packaged really well and nothing got damaged.

Will I ever order something from Beauty Bay again? 
I'm not sure. I'm happy I got this order, but I think I won't be purchasing something any time soon. Shipping took way longer than they said and the whole time, I was thinking: 'Will my package ever arrive?'. When I order something online, I want more information and security. Asos is a better website to order from, in my opinion (but they have other brands ofcourse).

If you made it to the end of this blogpost: congratulations! I'm sorry it's this long :p
See ya'll tomorrow! <3

Have you ever ordered something from Beauty Bay? 
xx, 
Astrid

1 comment:

  1. I luv nail polishes of that color you share above.


    http://www.vedovas.com

    ReplyDelete

Hey everybody! I love reading your comments so feel free to leave a reaction! ;) <3

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS